Friday, January 24, 2014

The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay

Friday, January 24, 2014
The Sea of TranquilityThe Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay
Publisher: Atria Books
Series: Stand-alone
Genre: Contemporary, Romance, Young Adult
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 STARS? INFINITE NUMBER OF STARS!

This is the kind of book that changes life.

"I think I’ll stay in pieces. I can shift them, rearrange, depending on the day, depending on what I need to be. I can change on a whim and be so many different girls and none of them has to be me."

This pretty much sums up Nastya Kashnikov's complex character―A messed up teenage girl who transformed herself into an intimidating slutty horror chick by wearing black tight dresses, black eyeliner, and black stilettos.

"I believe in God. I’ve always believed that God exists. I just know that he hates me."

And this one right here is the anti-social Josh Bennett. A lonely teenage boy who is shadowed by his own personal hell. He has this force-field loner thing going on and everyone in school stays away from him

"We both stand there, looking at each other across the kitchen, with all the things we’ve done to hurt each other littering the path between us."

This it what I loved most about this book―IT HAS A GREAT LOVE STORY. It's a friendship that slowly blossomed into love. There were actually some point in this book where I felt like they were "best of friends" because their camaraderie was so compelling. It's slow building and pure and beautiful and you know what? This is what love is supposed to be like. This is the only way it should be.

Everything about this book is perfect―the writing, the character development, the unfolding of events―everything. Even the slow pacing contributed to how powerfully the ending hit. And the ending literally took my breath away.

'The Sea of Tranquility' will captivate your heart, break it, put it back together, and cleanse it. I'M RECOMMENDING THIS TO EVERYONE.

View all my reviews
Turning Pages of Fiction © 2014